We respect the privacy of every individual who visits the Internet Website located
at www.highlight-tours.com . In visiting the Site in order to deal with us you may provide us
with personal information about yourself. The purpose of this statement is to set out the
principles governing our use of personal information that we may obtain about you as a
result of you using the Site. By using the Site you consent to the use of your personal data in
accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- “Us”, “we” or “our” means Highlight Tours Ltd, and any of its related companies.
- “Personal data” means information relating to you which may be collected or created, or may have been collected or created in the course of or as a result of your use of the Site.
Collection and use of personal data
- We are committed to following policies which protect your privacy and comply with
the EU General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018 (GDPR) in respect of personal
data. We will only process personal data about you for specified and lawful purposes
and any personal data which we obtain will be processed fairly, lawfully and out of
contractual necessity where processing is necessary for the performance of a
contract or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Your data may be processed third parties in order to perform the contract between us, third parties may be hotels, airlines and/or other transport providers.
- We collect personal data via the Site for legitimate use as necessary for conducting our business. In particular we may collect personal data from you through the Site when you register for events, order or request publications, services or other
information from the Site or when you contact us for further information via the Site.
The personal data which we collect will be processed for the purpose of fulfilling
such requests or orders where consent has been given.
- We may, from time to time, send you further information relating to our products,
events or services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have given us
consent to do so. You may notify us at any time if you wish to cease receiving this
further information by contacting us on: +44 (0) 7769 220271
- When you visit the Site, we may collect information about you which may not
personally identify you but which may be helpful for improving the operation of the
Site. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use
of “cookies”, “IP addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
- The servers hosting the Site automatically record certain information about you
when you use the Site, including details of your domain name, IP address, operating
system and browser. We may use this information to understand who has seen
or other similar text files or programs when you visit certain parts of the Sites. A
cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and helps us to understand your
use of the Site and enables you to access, navigate and use the information and
screen on your Internet browser. Please note that if you block cookies you may not
be able to access certain online information or services provided on the Site.
Accuracy and security
- If you believe that any of the personal data that we hold about you is incorrect please notify us on +44 (0) 7769 220271
- We will take all reasonable steps to retain personal data only for the duration of the
purpose for which it was obtained. The maximum retention period is 7 years, to
comply with legal objectives. When that period has expired or when requested by
you to do so, we will delete personal information from current operational systems
where it is no longer required. In limited circumstances we may need to continue to
hold some details about you after your relationship with us has ended, for example
for legal and regulatory reasons.
- You have the right to receive certain information from us about the personal data as
set out in the GDPR Act 2018 that we hold about you. In certain circumstances you
are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data and have certain
rights of access, rectification and/or removal of your personal data. To exercise these
rights you should write to us at: Highlight Tours Ltd, Data Protection Officer,
- You have the right to complain to the ICO should you think that your personal data is not being handled correctly.