Mental Capacity Awareness
Price: From £60pp.
Duration: Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
This course has been developed to equip candidates with a detailed understanding of mental health and mental health issues, the principles of a mental health care worker and how to change and support in relation to mental health. The course will provide an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects. The course can take place at the Study Room Training premises, or we can arrange to come out to you.
- What is the Mental Capacity Act?
- Why would we use the act?
- What is mental capacity?
- The five core principles
- What is lack of capacity?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Assessment of capacity
- Helping people make a decision
- Record keeping
- Adult protection
- List and understand the basic principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Identify how people make decision and the reasons for making them
- Understand how to make a ‘best interests’ decision for someone who lacks capacity
Courses vary from 3 to 6 hours.
The courses are face to face. Learners can come to our premises or we can visit you.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a signed certificate.
All courses start from £60pp.
Call us on 01707 386140 or email us on [email protected] if you would like more information on this course.